So here it is Wednesday and I am just getting out this little Tuesday Tip. It’s been one of those weeks when you keep thinking you are one day ahead of yourself. Like Monday is really Tuesday. Which means when I get to Friday in my mind it will only be Thursday and that will make me sad. I’ve been posting my little eco-thoughts here for the past 6 weeks and today I am going to stray just a bit. To state the obvious, that it has been a busy week. Part of a greener life is taking the time to slow down, think wisely about our decisions and make good, healthy choices that work for our families and the planet.
Yeah, but sometimes that is so much easier said than done! Which, is why the snappy little subtitle of my book is that it is a “guilt-free” guide to greening things up. So, here are my tips for the week, the ones I have gleaned between Monday (which was really Tuesday) and today. Frantic Mommy tips. . . .
1. Do not wait until 20 minutes before dance class to find out the hand me down ballet slippers do not fit.
2. Do not assume that your family will want peanut butter and jelly for dinner every night of the week.
3. Do not wait until there is a virtual monsoon before you go to the store and buy plastic easter eggs for the egg hunt that is the next morning at preschool.
4. Do not put your coffee on the roof of the car and then slam the door.
5. Do not make a doctor appointment and then forget about it when you are supposed to be helping out at school (oh, and also at dance class with the shoes that don’t fit)
6. Do not even consider making it to hockey practice on time when you have a cub scout meeting ending at the same time, it is raining, you have a daughter who is crying and one of the neighbors in the back of the car. Although they will tell you they had fun driving and screaming in the car, you will not have fun.
7. And do not stay up too late reading a new book and then wonder why you overslept and could not get out the door on time so everyone had to eat breakfast while changing into their clothes for the day.
8. And, do not let your daughter go to bed with wet hair when you are going to wake up late because you won’t have time to tame her mane and it will be a nasty looking mess.
9. Do not waste time trying to get 10 “do not do” things for your blog. Nine is enough.
10. Do take a deep breath, slow down, and celebrate the small things. The little victories like socks and the fact that you are alive to put them on one foot at a time.
Earth Day is Friday. What do you have planned? What are your “dos” and “do nots” for this week? Share them here and let us all in on your joys and chaos!